Second Acute Leukemia Global Summit
On 15th October, ALAN held its second (and virtual ) Acute Leukemia Global Summit.
Zack Pemberton-Whiteley, ALAN Chair welcomed attendees and opened the global summit, followed by Samantha Nier, ALAN Network Manager who gave an overview and status of ALAN’s activities.
Regional sessions reporting
Before the global summit, we met with groups from LATAM, from Middle East Africa and from Eastern and Western Europe to discuss projects, challenged faced, needs and all that is relevant to the region. These discussions were reported by our great speakers:
- LATAM : Fernando Piotrowski, Executive Director ALMA (Argentina)
- Middle East Africa: Bahija Gouimi, President and founder of AMAL Association (Morocco)
- Eastern Europe: Mirjana Babamova, HEMA – Association for support of patients and caregivers of Hematology diseases (Macedonia)
- Western Europe: Anne-Pierre Pickaert, Care4Access, representing Association Laurette Fugain (France)
Using evidence for advocacy impact
We then had a session on evidence-based advocacy with a training given by Zack Pemberton-Whiteley followed by concrete examples presented by various organisations and a panel discussion.
- Zack Pemberton-Whiteley, Chair of ALAN and CEO of Leukaemia Care (UK)
- Jana Pelouchova, Chair of Diagnoza Leukemie (Czech Republic), founder CML Advocates Network
- Lauren Pretorius, CEO Campaigning for Cancer (South Africa)
- Tracey Iraca, Executive Director MDS Alliance (USA)
We would like to thank all those participated in the summit !
For those who cannot attend, here are :
- Slides presented ALAN_Global Summit_15 Oct 2021
- The recording of the summit: https://youtu.be/QX76upCQ9dk
- Follow the discussions https://twitter.com/AcuteLeuk
We are looking forward to seeing you next year for the third Acute Leukemia Global Summit, hopefully in person this time !