Deutsche Leukämie- & Lymphom-Hilfe e.V. (Germany)
Deutsche Leukämie- & Lymphom-Hilfe e.V. (DLH) is the federal association of self-help organizations that support adults with leukemia and lymphomas.
The DLH supports the initiatives with special questions that arise in the care of those affected and their relatives, through seminars and forums for further training and the exchange of experiences as well as organizational questions.
The aim is to link the network to local initiatives as closely as possible.
Their activities include:
- Patient support to help those affected and relatives with questions and problems.
- Sending information material
- Passing on of addresses, e.g. of study groups, centers for tumor treatment, resident hematologists / oncologists, rehabilitation clinics, advice centers, etc.
- Referral to local leukemia / lymphoma self-help initiatives
- Establishing contact with similarly affected people
- Providing extensive information on the Internet
- Creation of disease-related brochures
- Organization of information events
In addition, the DLH represents the interests of leukemia and lymphoma patients at a higher level in relation to politics, health insurance companies, medical organizations and other institutions.