Calling on ASH to include patient advocates !
On 15th March 2021, 13 networks of patient organisations wrote to ASH Executive Committee to highlight the current situation which is preventing patient advocates from attending the American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting and Exposition.
Currently there is no category for patient advocates to register their attendance at the meeting, meaning those who wish to attend must register as a ‘Non-Member’ with fees of $750-950, as per the virtual attendance at the recent 2020 meeting. This creates an impossible barrier to accessing information on the latest research and development on which our patient communities desperately rely.
How can you support this initiative:
- Share social media post from ALAN accounts as well as other networks using #noASHforpatients #ASH2021
- Sign the support letter will send to ASH (add logo, name, title and signature)
- Directly in google doc : https://docs.google.com/document/d/13jsegLXtykAQIOAV4S28ono-KHSt4KNcMHTRIbuYst8/edit?usp=sharing
- Or send details to email@example.com and it will be added to the letter.
- Also feel free to share the letter to anyone who want to support : other patient organization, key opinion leader, professional societies etc.
- Ask your industry sponsors to also support the initiative by signing the letter: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ThctQ03JcMGgE5a6bxjjetZxzZ0Xur64Ca-aoXRYpdc/edit?usp=sharing
We are planning to send both letters to ASH Executive Committee by mid April 2021.
We count on your support !