3rd Acute Leukemia Global Summit
On 14th October, ALAN held its third (and virtual ) Acute Leukemia Global Summit. It was well attended with a mix audience from around the world.
We touched on important topics like quality of life, evidence based gereneration and understanding patient preferences.
Agenda and Speakers
Update on quality of life (QoL) in acute leukemia
- Medical: improved survivorship in acute leukemia (how it has changed with the new treatments compared to before) – Speaker: Dr Abhishek Mangaonkar (Mayo Clinic)
- Evidence based advocacy: results from QoL survey, importance of shared decision making, incorporating QoL preferences in discussion on treatment options – Speaker: Zack Pemberton-Whiteley
What can we do as advocates ?
- Evidence based advocacy: running survey, advocate for PROs in studies – Speaker – Ananda Plate
- Understand patient preferences – Speakers : David Mott & Chris Skedgel – OHE
We thank our wonderful speakers, and all the participants who made this summit interactive !
For those who cannot attend or for those who want to refer back to it, here are :
- Slides presented: ALAN_Global Summit_14 Oct 2022
- The recording of the summit: https://youtu.be/kNozsMFcOF4
- Follow the discussions: https://twitter.com/AcuteLeuk
We are looking forward to seeing you next year for the in-person summit. Stay tuned for more information !