ALAN is a member of WECAN, an informal network of leaders of cancer patient umbrella organisations active in Europe.
WECAN mission is to act as a well-coordinated cancer patient community towards all stakeholders by building levels of trust, collaboration, alignment and mutual support between pan-European cancer patient umbrella organisations.
- to improve outcomes for all cancer patients
- to collaborate, align and develop joint projects/actions
- to strengthen cancer advocacy in Europe
- to share workload when contributing to different stakeholder initiatives
- to provide resources for cancer patient organisations
For more information: www.wecanadvodate.eu
New course : Patients in Publications
Patient advocates need to publish their own research and survey data, and are invited to be co-authors or peer-reviewers. WECAN and Envision Pharma Group have created an open-access course trains patient advocates on how to engage in publications.
What does it cover?
This course will help you to assess, plan, and publish research in a peer-reviewed journal. You will explore case studies and learn tips from experts.
Key learning outcomes
- Assessing the likelihood of publishing research
- Understanding key stages in the publication process
- Identifying guidelines on good publication practices
- Planning a publication, estimating the time required
- Selecting a suitable journal
- Authoring a publication, working with publishing professionals
- Understanding the peer-review process
- Reviewing and submitting a publication
- Raising awareness about a publication
Course can be undertaken here: https://wecanadvocate.eu/patients-in-publications/